This is just not about adding new posts or updating the front page, this is about looking at and refocusing the mission and goals as well as design or even using a new theme.
There is already a new theme, the Business Pro theme has been updated to Monochrome Pro, a simple lightweight theme that can be easily customized. There will be more customizations coming soon.
Currently looking at 2 design concepts:
- Changing the background from white to a softer color. Currently, there is chatter on the web about making it easier on the eyes for the viewer specifically for those staring at a computer screen most of the day.
- Studing what print & web designers are doing today and applying those changes to the sites when it applies. One of my first web teachers had us create a book collage of design commonalities that change with time.
For 2021 I'm seeing textures being added that show depth of field. Colors are also changing from greens or browns to off-white.
On the front page added a background image of water lapping up onto the shore and toned it down so it is barely noticeable to offer texture and a calming effect.
Mission & Goals
This is my personal brand site showing what I love to do and connect with others.
Currently using the Business Pro Theme from SEO Themes that is now part of Bizbudding the creators of Mai Themes. Business Pro has just been updated to Mai Success and reviewing another Bizbudding theme, their Prosper theme, and Studiopress Monochrome Pro for the next upgrade choice.
- Envira Gallery is used to manage and display images in the travel & tech categories and in Woocommerce.
- Genesis Blocks & Gutenberg will be added for the next theme upgrade.
- Gravity Forms for contact and Genesis eNews for viewers to be added to the email list.